What is the Praggnanandhaa net worth in Rupees? After his historical win and clinching 2nd position in the world ranking. Anand Mahindra gifted him XUV 400.
At 10, this child prodigy reached the international level for his chess mastery. Even in very recent times, he achieved a remarkable win. You will receive insights about his biography in this article. This article will also cover details about his achievements and parents. Towards the end, we will see if he is involved in controversies followed by frequently asked questions.
Who is Praggnanandhaa?
He started playing at ten and is a pro at playing chess. He got international recognition at this age. He even achieved the title of grandmaster when he was 12 years old. He accomplished a lot at an early age by showcasing his abilities in the game.
His sister is also a woman grandmaster, and they hail from Tamil Nadu. He even participated in the latest Chess event in 2023, where he competed against Norwegian Chess player – Magnus Carlsen. Let us see his other details in the section below.
Biography of Rameshbabu Praggnanandhaa
|10th August in 2005.
|Place of Birth
|He is known for playing chess at the international level and even recently competed against Grandmaster Carlsen.
|In Indian Rupees, it is around Rs.8.26 crores.
|He is studying in Chennai from a school – Velammal Matriculation School.
|His latest award is the Arjuna Award, which he got in 2022.
|He currently holds the 19th position.
Who is the mother of Praggnanandhaa? MUST READ
- She is a homemaker and a proud mother of two players – Nagalakshmi. As a mother, she always supported him throughout his practices and matches.
- Even during his early life and practices, she accompanied and helped him. His mother served as a rock of support for him since his father had to accomplish his daily obligations.
- Praggnanandhaa’s mother went along with him and motivated him for national and international tournaments.
- She did not let her household chores stop her from supporting his son to fulfill his goals and turning his dream into a reality.
Who is the father of Praggnanandhaa?
- Rameshbabu works at TNSC Bank as a branch manager and is the father of a pro chess player.
- Though he has polio, he still didn’t let it hinder the growth of his kids. At the age of 3, Praggnanandhaa developed an interest in playing Chess. It grew even more when he saw his sibling Vaishali play.
- His father couldn’t afford it and initially didn’t want him to pursue it as his career.
- Eventually, he supported him in achieving his goals. Many players are hindered from reaching success as they aren’t offered adequate support, but that was not the case with this player.
- He was lucky enough to receive help and motivation from his parents.
Starting with his latest achievement, he went to the World Chess – FIDE Cup against the Norwegian player Magnus Carlsen. He won the second prize at the tournament, received up to 66 lakhs cash prize, and brought laurels to the country.
He is the youngest player to ever go to the Chess Cup final, which is commendable. He previously defeated the Norwegian player thrice in a tournament in 2023. He made history by becoming the youngest player to win an international championship when he was just ten years old.
He was even invited to Spain to play a rapid test, a tie, where he eventually won against Wesley. He won titles for Under-18 in July 2019. The second-highest sports award – the Arjuna award, was given to him in 2022.
According to our research, there are no controversies about the player. Generally, in this sport, accusations are made of cheating while playing in tournaments, but no such allegations have been made. If we find any, we will update this article, and you will be covered about the same.
How much did he win?
He won around 66 lakhs in the recent game in the FIDE Cup against Carlsen.
What is his rank in chess?
He is ranked world no. 19 in chess at the latest.
Where is Praggnanandhaa studying?
Velammal School in Chennai – A school located in Chennai.